Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Flower For Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all of you who have been blessed to be a mother.

I put the last stitch into this motif from my Beatrix Potter Quaker Sampler last night. I dedicated most of my stitching time to it this week. I'm starting to enjoy the looks of the sampler a bit more. I had been regretting my decision to stitch the entire piece with the same color silk but I'm liking it more as I get more of it stitched.




I leave you with a picture of my mother on her wedding day. It's not the greatest picture because it's actually a picture that my daughter took of one of the photos in her wedding album.

Thank you for stopping by. I hope that the coming week is a good one for you.


10 comments:

JillMN said...

What a treasure to have a picture of your mother on her wedding day.

Mylene said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too, Julianne.

Lynn B said...

What a lovely picture of your Mother.

Julie said...

A lovely pic of your Mother, i hope you had a lovely Mothers Day Julianne.

staci said...

That is a wonderful picture of your mother...hope you had a lovely day too :)

Marie said...

I hope that you had a nice Mother's Day and I love that you post that great picture of your Mom!
Thanks for the link in your previous post, I am off to print it.

Kit said...

I love this BP, and I really like the color - I prefer them to be monochrome. What a lovely picture of your mother, I hope you had a good Mother's day.

Carolyn said...

What a lovely picture of your mother! I would cherish that forever. :) I love the color you are using on your Beatrix Potter Sampler. One of these days maybe I'll start mine. It's in the pile. LOL

Hugs, dear friend!

Wendy said...

Happy Mother's day to you too!
Love your stitching, it is really looking great!

I do love that pictures. It is such a gorgeous one!

Have a nice day too!

Annie said...

Hi Julianne. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving the nice comment.
You have some beautiful stitching on your blog.

That's one gorgeous bride and a beautiful photo to have of your mother.