Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Gifts from My Best Friend

It's been ages since I've posted to my blog. My mother became ill very suddenly in early November and came very close to saying goodbye to us. We are so thankful that she is getting stronger despite her acute kidney failure.

I received some lovely handmade gifts from good friends over Christmas. I will share pictures of all of them, but today I wanted to start off by showing you the gifts that my dear friend Arcadia made for me.

Here are the gifts that she made me for Christmas. The little bag with the sunbonnet girl with two dogs is all hand-appliqued by Arcadia. The other heart drawstring pouch is hand embroidered. I've given you a close-up of it below.



With this green shopping basket I'm all set to go to the outdoor market and do it in style as the European's do. This is a popular product in Europe.


This is actually a bag that Arcadia made me quite awhile ago but I never shared it on my blog. When I saw that many ladies in France were making these bags, I asked Arcadia is she could make me one as a birthday gift. Its creation was no small feat of sewing talent. I think it's assembly nearly drove her mad but she did an outstanding job! I love the pockets all around the exterior and the interior of this bag. They are wonderful pockets to use for storage of needles and other stitching necessities.

Thanks so much for paying me a visit. I promise I'll try to be a better blogger.


16 comments:

Mylene said...

Sending lots of healthy wishes for your Mom for a complete and speedy recovery.

Great gifts received from your friend.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I've been thinking about you. I'm glad to hear that your Mother is getting stronger.
You have a set of lovely gifts and you are the most deserving recipient :)

Becky K in OK said...

What lovely gifts from your friend. So glad to hear mom is getting stronger.

Sandra's Sewing Room said...

So happy to see you are back. Sorry to hear the news of your mother. Prayers sent to wish her well very soon. You have recieved some very nice presents from your friend.

staci said...

I hope that your mom is doing better...and hope that you are doing well too.

Arcadia made you some gorgeous gifts...she is so talented!!!

BeckySC said...

Beautiful gifts for a beautiful lady :)
((((((((hugs)))))))

Rachel V said...

Hope your mom is doing much better now. Lovely gifts!

Carolyn said...

Keeping you and your mom in my prayers. :) Thank you for the sweet emails and for staying in contact. You are such a wonderful friend! Your gifts are just lovely and well deserved. HUGS!!

Carolyn :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear from you and your mother.

Sharon said...

Here's hoping your Mom continues her recovery. Prayers being sent to her (and you as well) :)
What sweet, lovely gifts - enjoy them!!

Julie said...

How lovely to see you posting Julianne

I hope your mum continues to improve, what a worrying time it must have been for you and the family.

Lovely gifts, Arcadia is very talented

Beertje Zonn said...

What lovely gifts from your friend!
Bear regards,

Beertje Zonn

Wendy said...

Hi Julianne~ Sorry to hear your Mum has been so ill. I hope she improves daily from here on. Its great to see a post from you!!
Sending {{hugs}}

Annemarie said...

I'm so sorry to hear your mother has eben so ill. I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

Those bags are THE cutest!

Berit said...

Very nice goodies; glad to hear that your mother is on the mend. :)

Brigitte said...

You've received some wonderful gifts from your friend. And all of them handmade, great!
I hope your mom is fine.