Friday, November 14, 2008

Better Late Than Never

I promised quite some time ago that I was going to share some pictures of Christmas gifts that I received from Arcadia.

I had seen this stitched box on some French blogs and mentioned to her that I really liked the pattern. Well, wouldn't you know that she went ahead and made it for me! This design comes from a book entitled Cartonnage Brode Un Fil des Boites. I believe it is available through Elegant Stitch.

Arcadia also made this doll. Isn't she wonderful? I am amazed at her skill and patience. Can you imagine stuffing those long, pencil thin, limbs? That would try the patience of Job! This lovely doll sits proudly atop the armoire in my bedroom. She's high enough where the dogs can't get her but I can still admire her.

Thank you dear friend for these beautiful treasures!






8 comments:

staci said...

Beautiful gifts! Arcadia is so talented and generous...enjoy your lovely treasures :)

Natasha said...

That is a pretty design. I have never seen it before. Who is the designer? The doll is wuit lovely as well.
Natasha

Becky K in OK said...

Oh, what a beautiful gift. Enjoy all the goodies.

Julie said...

Beautiful, your friend is very talented. The dolly is adorable/

Annemarie said...

Oh my, those gifts are truly stunning! I don't believe i've ever seen such a lovely and delicate doll. Lucky you!

Cindy F. said...

Wow! Such beautiful gifts! You lucky girl! I know you'll treasure these.

Wendy said...

What lovely gifts, Julianne! Its amazing how wonderfully creative some people are!!

Anonymous said...

beautiful gift ang blog
thanks for your comment and your passage on my blog ( excuse my english )

biz

cocosophie