I had another Owen mishap this past Saturday. Owen is our adopted ex-racing greyhound. Here he is with his famous crocodile grin.
DH had used a frying pot to cook something and then he told me he was going out to the grocery store. Well, he didn't tell me that he didn't put the frying pot in a place where Owen couldn't reach it.
I was upstairs when I heard a crash and I went running downstairs to find that Owen had pulled the pot over. There was cooking oil running everywhere! I stripped off most of my clothes (what a sight!) and started to clean up the mess. There was no way that I was going to risk ruining my clothes with stains from cooking oil. So there I stood, working for what seemed like an eternity in my underwear, cleaning up oil that covered the floor, cabinets, and countertop.
I came away with some positive thoughts from the experience. Here is a list of them:
1) Owen was not injured because the oil was already cooled
2) The floor, cabinets and countertops received a deep conditioning from all of the oil
3) My old kitchen rugs were ruined so I was finally able to justify throwing them out.
4) I got some good exercise from all the bending and stooping
5) I'm really thankful for paper towels. They were invaluable for cleaning up the mess. Can you imagine life without them?
A Little Stitchin'
2 hours ago